Thursday, December 13, 2007

It's Here

The Mitchell Report comes out today at 2 p.m. ESPN is currently having an absolute field day all over the air waves, a gleeful furor that will likely continue for several days. To add to the general sense of excitement and schadenfreude, and to emphasize what a joke the entire Mitchell investigation is, I, along with Rawjah Clemenz and another friend, drafted Mitchell Report Fantasy teams last night.

Inexplicably, I passed on Roger Clemens with my first-round pick, going with Bret Boone instead. I also took Pettitte late in the draft, but changed the pick to Albert Pujols. Upon reflection, I felt that Pettitte was too much of a stand-up guy to take steroids. So much for that. As much as I'd love to see Pujols go down, I wish I had that Pettitte-Clemens duo as locks right now...

Starting Lineup:
C Javy Lopez
1B Albert Pujols
2B Bret Boone
3B Adrian Beltre
SS Rich Aurilia
OF Brady Anderson
OF Richard Hidalgo
OF Bobby Bonilla

Rotation:
Rick Helling
Freddy Garcia
Russ Ortiz
Jaret Wright
Wade Miller

Bullpen:
Eric Gagne
John Franco

Bench:
David Wells
Tom Gordon
Jason Isringhausen
Howard Johnson
Shawn Green
Mo Vaughn
Jeromy Burnitz
Chuck Knoblauch
Richie Sexson
(Hall of Fame round) Dave Winfield

1 comment:

Brian said...

The sad thing is that the first thing I thought when I looked at this was how much these guys would own a non-Mitchell-report fantasy team.