Thursday, December 13, 2007

Rawjah Clemenz

Months ago, inspired by a single, spectacular display of emotion, an internet identity was born. "Rawjah Clemenz" launched as an XBox Live gamer tag in Halo 3. Then it became a blogger name. Twenty years from now, will I be buying groceries and flying around some virtua-world under the Newton-inflected name of a disgraced Red Sox anti-hero? Will an artificial identity carry more weight than my real one?

None of that matters today, a veritable Christmas morning for baseball's gossip enthusiasts and the fine, shrill folks at ESPN. Roger Clemens has been fingered. I am shocked, shocked, and more than a little disappointed that I passed on him in my Mitchell Report fantasy draft last night. My roster is as follows:

Starting Lineup
C T. Hundley
1B A. Galarraga
2B M. Giles
SS M. Tejada
3B E. Alfonso
OF J. Gonzalez
OF L. Dykstra
OF D. Bichette

Bench
3B F. Tatis
IF J. Cirillo
OF R. Greer
OF B. Gilkey
OF G. Kapler

SP D. Gooden
SP O. Dotel (Mets' version)
SP P. Astacio
SP O. Hernandez
SP C. Pavano

LR C. Finley
MR J. Zimmerman
MR R. Myers
SU B. Koch
SU J. Wetteland
CP A. Benitez

No comments: